All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionThe United Nations wrestles daily with questions of peace and security, sustainable development, human rights, the rule of law, good governance, and humanitarian assistance. But at root, the UN's work is about mobilizing efforts to serve humanity. Kofi Annan, the UN's seventh secretary general, recognized a role in these efforts beyond that of diplomats and peacekeepers. He engaged t only the governments of the UN's 193 member states but also academics, artists, and other opinion shapers, aware of their ermous potential as advocates and valued partners in achieving the goals of the UN. As part of this initiative, in 2002 he established the Secretary-General's Lecture Series. The Brilliant Art of Peace presents lectures delivered by seventeen of the world's most eminent thinkers, including several Nobel laureates, during Annan's tenure. The lectures challenge prevailing thinking on important issues such as globalization, human rights, identity, religion, science and techlogy, ecomics, the humanities, language, music, and the United Nations. The reader will find humor, moral rigor, and wit in this thought-provoking and timeless collection. A must-have for any reader interested in the human condition.
- Author BiographyAbiodun Williams was recently named president of The Hague Institute for Global Justice. Prior to this role, he was senior vice president of the Center of Conflict Management (CCM) where he led USIP's work in major conflict zones such as Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, the Middle East, and North Africa. Previously he also served as director of strategic planning in the Executive Office of the UN Secretary-General during the last six months of Kofi Annan's first term and during the entire five years of his second term.
- PublisherUnited States Institute of Peace Press
- Date of Publication31/05/2013
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationWashington DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUnited States Institute of Peace Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight254 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byAbiodun Williams
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.