All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe inportance of the British Army's contribution to World War II - and of WWII in the history of the British Army - is impossible to overstate. This first of three titles covers the introduction of new uniforms and equipment, based on a new tactical doctrine, in the 1930s; the costly lessons of Norway and France, 1940; the grim period when Britain stood alone in the world against Hitler's Germany; the slow build-up to the Second Front, and the army which crossed the Channel on D-Day 1944, and liberated huge areas of Western Europe by spring 1945.
- Author BiographyMike Chappell comes from an Aldershot family with British Army connections stretching back several generations. He began painting military subjects in 1968 and since then has gained world-wide popularity as a military illustrator, and has written and illustrated several books in the Osprey Military list. Most recently he has illustrated a three volume Men-at-Arms set of the US Army in World War II. Martin Brayley, Abipp, is a military photographer whose service has taken him to most comers of the world, A long-time militaria collector, he has contributed many artides to specialist magazines in the UK and overseas, and is the author of WWII British Women's Uniforms in Colour Photographs (1995) and the well-reviewed The World War II Tommy (1998), He is currently working on a series of three Osprey titles on the British Army of World War II. An expert marksman, he has represented Great Britain at international level. Martin Brayiey lives in Hampshire with his wife and two children.
- Author(s)Martin J. Brayley
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication21/05/2001
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleMen-at-Arms
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo.354
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note50 b&w and 8 colour illustrations
- Weight193 g
- Width184 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Illustrator(s)Mike Chappell
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $52.43
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $33.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.