All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
About this product
- DescriptionThe purpose of this book is to collect, in an easily readable form, the basic technical data that concern the British army as engaged in the North-West European campaign between 6th June 1944 and 8th May 1845. The author's aim has been to include as much information as possible, without making any claim to exhaustivity, along clear and simple guidelines. Special emphasis has been given to the organization of units, a key element in the correct understanding of other chapters. Those readers who have an interest in contemporary history will then have within their easy reach a reference to data which if frequently referred to, are rarely made explicit in historical works, to which The British Tommy brings but a compliment. Even though this book is t meant for their sole use, the collectors, reenactment groups, modelers or simple military enthusiasts should find here basic documents in the form of articles, which many will probably have read already, summarized from Militaria Magazine , a specialized French publication of International rewn. If this handbook - as it is to be considered - should find even a modest place in the impressive bibliography dedicated to the armies which fought on the same front, in the same period but, it is true, on a different scale, then this long and patient research will be fully justified.
- Author BiographyJean Bouchery is a specialist of 1944-1945 and as such he is one of the regular authors for the specialised press, especially Militaria Magazine and has taken part in a number of works published by Histoire et Collections.
- Author(s)Jean Bouchery
- PublisherHistoire & Collections
- Date of Publication19/01/2013
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationParis
- Country of PublicationFrance
- ImprintHistoire & Collections
- Width229 mm
- Height165 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.