All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
About this product
- DescriptionThe period 1850 to 1900 witnessed the most far reaching changes sporting gun and rifle design had ever experienced. Prior to this, changes had been pedestrian and the muzzle-loader still ruled the day in 1850 as it had done for previous centuries. In this major work the author details the many changes that occurred. He describes at length the pinfire, centre-fire and hammerless developments along with all the ancillary changes made to sporting guns. Likewise with rifles he outlines the many developments such as the superseding of the two groove muzzle-loading Express rifle by the multi-groove, breech-loading rifle of smaller calibre.
- Author BiographyThis is Donald Dallas's fifth book on the history of gunmaking. His previous books encompassed detailed histories of renowned gunmakers Boss, Purdey and Holland & Holland.
- Author(s)D. Dallas
- PublisherQuiller Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication09/07/2008
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationShrewsbury
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSwan Hill Press
- Content NoteColour and b&w photographs throughout
- Width230 mm
- Height300 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.