All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionThe Broads Through Time is a unique insight into the illustrious history of this part of Norfolk. Reproduced in full colour, this is an exciting examination of the well-kwn streets and famous faces, and what they meant to the people of this area throughout the 19th and into the 20th Century. Looking beyond the exquisite exterior of these well-kept photos, readers can see the historical context in which they are set, and through the author's factual captions for every picture, and carefully-selected choice of images, the reader can achieve a reliable view of the local history. There is something for everyone here, whether they have lived in the area all their lives, or whether they are just visiting this beautiful part of the country for the first time. The Broads Through Time also shows how photography has continually evolved to keep up with an ever changing society.
- Author BiographyDavid Holmes was born and brought up in Norfolk. Since 1984 he has been Director of the Norfolk Broads Study Centre at How Hill. He is the author of three previous titles about the area, The Norfolk Broads in Old Photographs, Back to the Broads and The How Hill Story. He lives in Mundesley, Norwich.
- Author(s)David Holmes
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication15/11/2009
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Series TitleThrough Time
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.