The Broadview Anthology of British Literature: The Renaissance and the Early Seventeenth Century: Volume 2 by Broadview Press Ltd (Paperback, 2016)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $89.70Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $45.00+ AU $13.80 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by benbens1551
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor the third edition of this volume a considerable number of changes have been made. Excerpts from Thomas Hoby's ermously influential translation of Castiglione's Book of the Courtier are included for the first time. Mary Sidney Herbert, Countess of Pembroke is w represented in the bound book anthology-and selections from Sir Philip Sidney's Arcadia are w included as well. The range of selections from Elizabeth I's poems, letters, and speeches has been broadened considerably, as have been done with Spenser's Fairie Queene; Shakespeare's Venus and Adonis has been added; there are w more poems by Lady Mary Wroth and George Herbert; and Anne Locke is w represented in the Sonnets section. Bacon's Essay On Revenge has been added-as has Thomas Kyd's influential play of revenge, The Spanish Tragedy. Margaret Cavendish, previously included in volume 3 of the full anthology, will w also be included in this volume; we have added a number of her poems, with an emphasis on those with scientific themes. Several additions have been mad to existing Contexts sections, and an all-new Contexts section, Ranters, Levellers, and Diggers, has been added. There are many additions the website component as well-including Thomas Deloney's Jack of Newbury (also being published as a stand-alone BABL edition), and excerpts from Thomas Dekker's plague pamphlets.
- Author BiographyOf the ten general editors, Joseph Black and Anne Lake Prescott have focused on volume 2 particularly; they are professors at the University of Massachusetts (Amherst) and at Barnard College, respectively. Our Editorial Team: Joseph Black, University of Massachusetts Leonard Conolly, Trent University Kate Flint, University of Southern California Isobel Grundy, University of Alberta Roy Liuzza, University of Tennessee Jerome McGann, University of Virginia Anne Prescott, Barnard College Barry Qualls, Rutgers University Claire Waters, University of Virginia
- PublisherBroadview Press Ltd
- Date of Publication30/03/2016
- Place of PublicationPeterborough
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintBroadview Press Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1134 g
- Width197 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byBarry V. Qualls,Claire Waters,Don LePan,Isobel Grundy,Jerome J. McGann,Joe Black,Kate Flint,Leonard Conolly,Ms. Anne Lake Prescott,Roy Liuzza
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.