The Broadview Anthology of Seventeenth-Century Verse by Alan Rudrum (Paperback, 1999)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $57.94+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $33.68+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.77
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
About this product
- DescriptionThe publication of The Broadview Anthology of Seventeenth-Century Verse and Prose is a literary event; this comprehensive volume is the first anthology of the period to reflect the breadth of seventeenth-century studies in recent decades. Over one hundred writers are included, from John Chamberlain at the beginning of the century to Elisabeth Singer Rowe at its end. There are generous selections from the work of all major writers, and a representation of the work of virtually every writer of significance. The work of women writers figures prominently, with extensive selections t only from canical writers such as Behn and Bradstreet, but also from other writers (such as Katherine Philips and Margaret Cavendish) who have been receiving considerable scholarly attention in recent years. The anthology is broadly inclusive, with writing from America as well as from the British Isles. Memoirs, letters, political texts, travel writing, prophetic literature, street ballads, and pamphlet literature are all here, as is a full representation of the literary poetry and prose of the period, including the poetry of Jonson; the prose of Bacon; the metaphysical poetry of Donne, Herbert, Marvell, and others; the lyric verse of Herrick; and substantial selections from the poetry and prose of Milton and Dryden. (While Samson Agonistes is included in its entirety, Milton's epic poems have been excluded, in order to allow space for other works t so readily accessible elsewhere.) The editors have included complete works wherever possible. A headte by the editors introduces each author, and each selection has been newly antated.
- Author BiographyAlan Rudrum, a Professor Emeritus of English Literature at Simon Fraser University and the anthology's senior editor, has published extensively on seventeenth-century British literature. Joseph Black, an Associate Professor in the English Department at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst, has published articles on sixteenth- and seventeenth-century British literature and book history. Holly Faith Nelson, who recently obtained her doctorate from Simon Fraser University, is a Lecturer at Trinity Western University.
- Author(s)Alan Rudrum
- PublisherBroadview Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/01/1999
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationPeterborough
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintBroadview Press Ltd
- Weight738 g
- Width198 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byDr. Holly Faith Nelson,Rabbi Joseph Black
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.