All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.95
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $38.17
About this product
- DescriptionThe Broke Ass Brigade is a sarcastic account of the author's employment in one of the largest retail chains in the world. Don entered the workforce as a young man barely out of high school, full of enthusiasm and idealism. He soon received a reality check about corporate America. Raised in the middle class, he believed in the value system of an honest day's work for an honest wage. That by doing what was right and working hard, he would succeed. The Company Store, however, had other plans for him and his coworkers-the American working class. Terrorized by crazy and vindictive bosses, Don manages to maintain his sanity and sense of humor while dealing with the masses that frequent The Company Store. Il-lustrating the day-to-day interactions of his coworkers, he details the devastating ef-fects of poor wages, false promises of promotion, threats to employees who call in sick or have life-threatening disabilities, and stagnate leadership which comprises the culture of The Company Store. Born with Asperger's syndrome, Don brings an unusual and witty perspective to the everyday events he encounters. While employed he encounters a group of crusty and hard-sed veterans who refer to themselves as The Broke Ass Brigade. They explain the demise of the American worker in The Company Store and point out the incredible injustices the corporation has handed out to its employees. Relevant to today's Occupy Wall Street environment, The Broke Ass Brigade was written over a period of eight years and chronicles the lives and relationships of the workers of The Company Store. Join Don as he goes where we all have been and wondered: Are these people for real? Don is about to show you in a painfully sarcas-tic and funny way that yes they are.
- Author BiographyDon Romonov is the author of Broke Ass Brigade, a book penned from first-hand experience about his life with Asperger's syndrome. An account of the tough times he has faced trying to fit in, and make a life for himself. He was often looked at as a problem child, and then a misfit adult-often sad, a loner, unable to make friends. His parents sent him to a number of different psychologists, but none of them had the answers. His disability was dismissed as rudeness, laziness, or deliberate misbehavior. Despite being highly intelligent, he was unable to secure and keep the most basic jobs due to his social disabilities. Immersing himself into gaming, whiskey, and old Mercedes, he found a way through this harsh world. Finally, after hitting rock bottom, Don found his way to recovery by giving up prescription cocktails and failed therapeutic measures. He has found medical marijuana to be his way to living a normal life. Having found the state assistance he needed to focus on getting better, he now is successfully completing his Master's Degree (with a 4.0 GPA).
- Author(s)Don Romonov
- PublisherSteele Shark Press
- Date of Publication04/05/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSteele Shark Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight562 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.