All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis Second Edition represents Bellah's summation of his views on civil religion in America. In his 1967 classic essay Civil Rights in America, Bellah argued that the religious dimensions of American society as distinct from its churches has its own integrity and required the same care in understanding that any religion. This edition includes his 1978 article Religion and the Legitimation of the American Republic, and a new Preface.
- Author BiographyRobert N. Bellah is professor of sociology at the University of California, Berkeley. He is the author of Beyond Belief and coauthor of The New Religious Consciousness, Varieties of Civil Religion, Habits of the Heart, Uncivil Religion, and The Good Society.
- Author(s)Robert N. Bellah
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication01/07/1992
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight248 g
- Width135 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edition Statement2nd edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.46
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.66
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $14.03
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.62
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.98
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $98.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.