All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.39
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $83.57
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $13.31Trending at AU $15.85
- AU $17.70Trending at AU $19.68
About this product
- DescriptionKahlil Gibran deeply stirred readers the world over with The Prophet , a modern classic of surpassing beauty and moral grandeur. In The Broken Wings , the Lebanese poet-philosopher reveals the same artistry and wisdom that have enshrined his name in the hearts of millions as an Immortal Prophet and a Dante of the Twentieth Century . This is the exquisitely tender story of a love that beats desperately against the taboos of Oriental tradition. With great sensitivity and lyricism, Gibran describes his passion as a youth for Selma Karamy, the beautiful girl of Beirut who first unfolded to him the secrets of love. But it is a love that is doomed by a social convention which forces Selma into marriage with ather man. Portraying the exalted happiness and infinite sorrow of his relationship with Selma, Gibran at the same time probes the spiritual meaning of human existence with profound compassion. And he does so in a poetic prose that has magic and majesty.
- Author BiographyKahlil Gibran (1883-1931) was a Lebanese poet, philosopher, artist, and writer. The millions of people familiar with his work consider him the genius of his age.
- Author(s)Anthony Rizcallah Ferris,Kahlil Gibran
- PublisherKensington Publishing
- Date of Publication01/12/1988
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCitadel Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight205 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Translated byA.R. Ferris
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.