Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $14.24Trending at AU $14.43
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $72.58Trending at AU $75.11
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.13
- AU $14.94Trending at AU $19.85
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.23Trending at AU $23.93
About this product
- DescriptionSeventeen-year-old Carrie Mathers can't escape the memory of the unspeakable abuse she endured at the hands of her disturbed and brutal uncle. She's tried to commit suicide three times, and the latest attempt has landed her in a hospital bed in a psychiatric ward. Hope for any sort of bright future has long disappeared for Carrie. All she wants is to die and escape the torment forever. But rewned New York psychiatrist Dr. Jeffrey Barnes is determined to keep her alive. Dr. Barnes has his own unshakeable history. Years ago, a patient much like Carrie committed suicide under his care, throwing him into turmoil. After spiraling into alcoholism and losing his marriage and nearly his career, Barnes's life has finally stabilized. He swore never to treat any more abuse victims, but something about Carrie compels him to take her case. Barnes tries to put the pieces of Carrie's shattered psyche back together. With every session with Carrie, his confidence wavers, and his faith falters. One young woman has already lost her life due to his mistakes; the risk to Carrie's life and his own may be too great. But it just might be possible that Carrie is his second chance-and that he is hers. An unforgettable vel of redemption and forgiveness, The Broken shows how our deepest hurts can become our greatest triumphs.
- Author BiographyJ.E. Hopkins is a practicing attorney in New York and an avid fiction writer. Hopkins holds a Juris Doctor from St. John's University and a Bachelor of Arts from New York University.
- Author(s)J E Hopkins
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication01/03/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight331 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.