Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $28.59Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $73.90Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
About this product
- DescriptionIn a brilliant combination of biography, literary criticism, and history, <b>The Bronte Myth</b> shows how Charlotte, Emily, and Anne Bronte became cultural icons whose ever-changing reputations reflected the obsessions of various eras. When literary London learned that <b>Jane Eyre</b> and <b>Wuthering Heights</b> had been written by young rural spinsters, the Brontes instantly became as famous as their shockingly passionate books. Soon after their deaths, their first biographer spun the sisters into a picturesque myth of family tragedies and Yorkshire moors. Ever since, these enigmatic figures have tempted generations of readers-Victorian, Freudian, feminist-to reinterpret them, casting them as everything from domestic saints to sex-starved hysterics. In her bewitching metabiography, Lucasta Miller follows the twists and turns of the phemen of Bront-mania and rescues these three fiercely original geniuses from the distortions of legend.
- Author BiographyLucasta Miller was educated at Oxford. She was the deputy literary editor of <i>The Independent.</i> Her articles and critcism have appeared in <i>The Times, The Times Literary Supplement, The Independent, </i>and <i>The Sunday Telegraph.</i>
- Author(s)Lucasta Miller
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Literary
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Weight331 g
- Width133 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.