All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
About this product
- DescriptionThe essential guide to every game in Browns history Every Sunday in autumn, a new chapter is written in the long and storied history of the Cleveland Browns. Win or lose, with each contest, the mythos of this beloved franchise is extended and enriched in the hearts of the sport's most loyal fans. The team has played nearly one thousand games over the past eight decades, and The Browns Bible tells the tale of each one. Through individual game stories and box scores, it encapsulates every victory, every defeat, every touchdown from 1946 to the present. The most comprehensive account of the Cleveland Browns ever written, The Browns Bible narrates the legend of this cherished franchise season by season and week by week as it gradually wove itself into the fabric of the city's culture-starting with its dominance of the All-America Football Conference and continuing through the glory years of the 1950s, the Kardiac Kids and Dog Pound eras, and the franchise's rebirth in the twenty-first century. Within these pages are snapshots of the drama inherent in each contest, from crisp clashes under the bright autumn sun to gridiron wars fought in the bitter cold of winter. Readers will relive the ultimate highs and the heartbreaking lows, the moments quickly forgotten and those remembered forever. Through these vignettes, the heroics of celebrated players of the past unfold: the achievements of Otto Graham, Lou Groza, Jim Brown, Leroy Kelly, Brian Sipe, Bernie Kosar, and countless others who created and strengthened this team's legacy through the generations. From Sunday-afteron spectacles to Monday-night madness, from the Shamrock Bowl to the Playoff Bowl, The Browns Bible is the definitive guide to one of the most enduring teams in professional sports.
- Author BiographyConnected to Cleveland athletics since the weekend he was born-when Brian Sipe led the Browns to a come-from-behind fourth-quarter victory-Jonathan Knight has been writing about Northeast Ohio athletics for more than 25 years. Starting at the age of eight when he began producing a homemade Browns newsletter, he's gone on to publish seven books on Cleveland sports. A graduate of Ohio University's nationally renowned E. W. Scripps School of Journalism, Knight has served as an award-winning high school sports reporter and a versatile professional writer and editor. He's currently a columnist for TheClevelandFan.com and is a regular commentator on Cleveland radio station WHK's The Sports Fix. You can learn more about Knight and his books at www.jknight-books.com and follow him on Twitter at @jknightwriter.
- Author(s)Jonathan Knight
- PublisherKent State University Press
- Date of Publication30/09/2013
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationKent, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKent State University Press
- Weight1905 g
- Width229 mm
- Height286 mm
- Spine46 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.