All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Bruce Swedien Recording Method is an incredibly timely and timeless reference for anyone interested in capturing and mixing the best possible music recordings. From the Michael Jackson albums (Off the Wall, Thriller, Bad, Dangerous, Invincible, and HIStory), to many Quincy Jones hits (The Dude, Back on the Block, Q's Jook Joint, and many more), to classic greats from Count Basie, Duke Ellington, the Brothers Johnson, and Natalie Cole, Bruce Swedien's impact on popular music has been undeniable. Engineers at all levels still use Swedien's recordings as a standard by which they judge the sonic validity of their own work. In The Bruce Swedien Recording Method, Swedien explains many of the techniques he has used to get award-winning drum, bass, guitar, keyboard, vocal, string, and brass sounds. On the accompanying DVD-ROM, he further reveals what he looks for in a recording and the steps he takes to imprint his characteristic world-class sonic signature on the music he mixes. Throughout this book, Swedien consistently pinpoints the most important considerations in the recording process, with such insights as: you don't listen to the equipment, you listen through the equipment...Nobody ever walked out of the studio whistling the console. ..The sound has to be so good to start with that it gives you goose bumps - and the list goes on and on!
- Author BiographyFive-time Grammy winner BRUCE SWEDIEN's career in music recording began with the music of the post-swing era and continues through to the modern era of multimedia digital technology. First publicly recognised in 1962 with a Grammy nomination for Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons' Big Girls Don't Cry, Swedien went on to record and mix Michael Jackson's Thriller, the best-selling album in the history of recorded music. Swedien has been nominated for a total of 13 Grammys.
- Author(s)Bill Gibson,Bruce Swedien
- PublisherHal Leonard Corporation
- Date of Publication16/10/2013
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Series TitleLegacy Series
- Place of PublicationMilwaukee
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHal Leonard Corporation
- Content NotePhotos and Illustrations Throughout
- Weight998 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and DVD
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.11
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.45
- AU $31.43Trending at AU $36.86
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $34.21
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.82
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.28
- AU $18.20Trending at AU $22.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.