All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the story of a Welshman who became one of the most ruthless and brutal buccaneers of the golden age of piracy. His name was Captain Sir Henry Morgan and, unlike his contemporaries, he was t hunted down and killed or captured by the authorities. Instead he was considered a hero in England and given a knighthood as well as being made goverr of Jamaica. As Graham Thomas reveals in this fresh biography of this complex and intriguing character, Morgan was an exceptional military leader whose prime motivation was to amass as much wealth as he could by sacking and plundering settlements, towns and cities up and down the Spanish Main.
- Author BiographyGraham A. Thomas is a historian specialising in British naval and maritime history in the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries. He has also written on aerial warfare in the Second World War and Korea. He is currently the editor of the British Army Review, a quarterly journal on the doctrine and history of the British Army. His publications include Terror From the Sky: The Battle Against the Flying Bombs, Firestorm: Typhoons Over Caen, Operation Big Ben: Spitfires Dive-bombing V2 sites (with Craig Cabell), Pirate Hunter: The Life of Captain Woodes Rogers, Pirate Killers: The Royal Navy and the African Pirates and, with Craig Cabell and Allan Richards, Captain Kidd: The Hunt for the Truth.
- Author(s)Graham A. Thomas
- PublisherPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Date of Publication07/04/2014
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationSouth Yorkshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPen & Sword Maritime
- Content Note20 illustrations
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $25.08Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $28.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.