All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.75Trending at AU $27.54
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.27
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.57
- AU $12.37Trending at AU $13.00
- AU $48.45Trending at AU $49.18
- AU $11.33Trending at AU $13.39
About this product
- Description<b>A classic, poetic introduction to the forty-four presidents!</b> Do you kw which president never attended school? Which president had fifteen children? The first president to keep an automobile at the White House? The only unelected president? The Buck Stops Here is filled with fascinating details that tell the history of the forty-four presidents of the United States. Campaign slogans and songs, scandals, wars, accomplishments, and failures color each page and bring life to each president as a unique historical personality. In a book that is truly for all ages, Alice Provensen give us a close, personal view, in pictures and text, of our presidents, as well as a visual and social history of our country.
- Author BiographyAlice Provensen has been an author and illustrator of children s books for sixty-five years. She and her late husband, Martin, collaborated on numerous outstanding books on a wide variety of subjects, from classics to contemporary animal stories, from poetry to alphabet books and Mother Goose rhymes. The Provensens wrote and illustrated The Glorious Flight, which was awarded the 1984 Caldecott Medal. A long-time resident of Maple Hill Farm in upstate New York, Alice Provensen now lives in San Clemente, California, close to her daughter, Karen, and her family.
- Author(s)Alice Provensen
- PublisherPuffin Books
- Date of Publication05/12/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPuffin Books
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width277 mm
- Height272 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Picture book,Sewn
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.