All listings for this product
About this product
- Product InformationAdapted from the Whitbread prize-winning first novel by Hanif Kureishi, The Buddha of Suburbia follows the fortunes of charismatic hedonistic chancer Karim, a seventeen year old half-Asian as he seeks to escape his suburban 1970s origins. Much of Karim's story is about identification, specifically being an "Englishman born and bred, almost".Karim is caught between "belonging and not", between his Indian heritage and desire to assimilate into British society. The Buddha of Suburbia is hilarious, scandalous and compulsive viewing, blessed with cracking dialogue and near-perfect casting.Karim deals not only with the issues of his own identity but also with adolescence, dysfunctional families, relationships and sexuality, alongside the 1970s backdrop of politics, fashion, music, morality and race. Drenched in drugs and sex, this BAFTA winning adaptation provoked controversy and moral furore when first screened on British television in 1993.
- TitleThe Buddha Of Suburbia
- Product Release Date06/02/2008
- Theatrical Release Year1993
- Number of Discs1
- ActorsBrendan Blethyn,David Bamber,Harish Patel,Naveen Andrews
- DirectorsRoger Michell
- Rating InfoCoarse Language,Strong Sexual References And Sex Scenes
- Run Time222 minutes
- Primary GenreComedy
Best-selling in DVDs & Blu-ray Discs
Save on DVDs & Blu-ray Discs
- AU $84.08Trending at AU $101.85
- AU $33.99Trending at AU $66.23
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $41.39
- AU $13.95Trending at AU $20.01
- AU $36.45Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $102.23
- AU $11.48Trending at AU $13.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.