All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.25
- AU $84.17Trending at AU $91.13
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.49
- AU $12.76Trending at AU $15.08
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.67
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $11.44Trending at AU $14.31
About this product
- DescriptionAs part of the military band for centuries, bugle boys as young as fifteen were recruited to follow the British army into the field. At the time of the Anglo-Boer War 1899-1902 the custom was nearing the end of its useful life. In this story, based on historical events and characters, the fate of Albert Allgood the bugle boy on the side of the British is briefly linked to that of Willem Lategan, a farm boy who joins the Republican burgher forces. Due to Lord Kitchener's draconian methods and despite his age, Willem faces a charge of treason as a Cape Rebel, and makes the ultimate sacrifice that symbolises the unwillingness of the Boers to live under the yoke of British rule.
- Author BiographyDerek Thomas is a South African author who lives near the battlefields in the Karoo described in his Anglo-Boer war novel. Historical material underpins the details of the skirmishes described and the human drama which unfolds in his compelling story.
- Author(s)MR Derek Thomas
- PublisherMercutio Books
- Date of Publication07/05/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMercutio Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight150 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.