All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Althea Leary abandons her nine-year-old son, Jasper, he's left on his uncle's farm with thing but a change of clothes and a Bible. It's 1952, and Jasper isn't allowed to ask questions or make a fuss. He's lucky to even have a home and must keep his mouth shut and his ears open to stay in his uncle's good graces. No one kws where his mother went or whether she's coming back. Desperate to see her again, he must take matters into his own hands. From the farm, he embarks on a treacherous search that will take him to the squalid hideaways of Detroit and back again, through tawdry taverns, peep shows, and gambling houses. As he's drawn deeper into an adult world of corruption, scandal, and murder, Jasper uncovers the shocking past still chasing his mother-and w it's chasing him too.
- Author BiographyD.M. Pulley is a professional engineer from Shaker Heights, Ohio, who specializes in rehabbing historic structures as well as conducting forensic investigations of building failures. Pulley's structural survey of an abandoned building in Cleveland formed the basis for The Dead Key.
- Author(s)D. M. Pulley
- PublisherAmazon Publishing
- Date of Publication23/08/2016
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationSeattle
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLake Union Publishing
- Weight408 g
- Width137 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $40.37Trending at AU $43.73
- AU $21.73Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $23.94Trending at AU $26.88
- AU $11.39Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $19.14Trending at AU $24.13
- AU $10.85Trending at AU $16.13
- AU $11.58Trending at AU $14.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.