All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Buses and Coaches of Bristol and Eastern Coach Works outlines the history of Bristol Commercial Vehicles and Eastern Coach Works (ECW), two manufacturers that together developed some of the most familiar buses and coaches of the twentieth century. The book covers the full production histories and specifications for the standard range of models produced from 1936 to 1983. The variety of engines used to power Bristol-ECW is outlined and a mechanical specification for each chassis is provided, along with a description of the different body styles produced by ECW for each chassis. There is also a chapter on owners' experiences and advice on buying a bus for preservation.
- Author BiographyNigel Furness was born in Chesterfield, Derbyshire in 1955. Educated in Bristol, he holds qualifications in Engineering, Education and a BSc in Computing. His early working life was in electronic engineering and computers, and he recently retired after a successful career in Further and Higher Education. Nigel has owned a number of classic vehicles over the years, including a 1949 Bristol L6B single-decker bus and a 1966 Bristol MW.
- Author(s)Nigel Furness
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication24/03/2014
- SubjectRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Place of PublicationRamsbury
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Content Note250 colour photographs
- Weight920 g
- Width215 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.35Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.39
- AU $28.60Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $70.35Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $74.12Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $35.47Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.