All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionConsidering a career in the salon industry? Are you a recent cosmetology school graduate or stylist new to the business? Being a hairstylist is so much more than doing hair. It's about uniting inner beauty with outward appearances... it's about effectively communicating with and finding a connection to every client that sits in your chair. Mastering the art of communication, possessing professional business skills, and taking care of your needs as a stylist are just as important as mastering the perfect haircut. This book will tell you how that's done. Written specifically with cosmetology students, those considering a career in hair design, and stylists in mind, each chapter of The Business of Beauty specifically addresses the following topics in a personal, fun and thorough way. Chapter titles include: - So You Want to be a Hairstylist? ( That's Great - Hairdressers Are Amazing! ) - The Salon Environment ( The Pretty and the Not-So-Pretty ) - Life After Cosmetology School ( The Apprenticeship ) - Contracts ( The Legend of the Non-Compete Agreement ) - Your First Year as a Hairstylist ( Building a Clientele ) - What Clients Look for in a Salon and Stylist ( Words of Wisdom From the Client's Perspective ) - Pricing Your Services ( Kwing When, Why and How to Increase Your Prices ) - Professionalism in the Modern Salon ( Or, You Stay Classy San Diego - Ron Burgundy ) - Oh, That's Personal ( Aligning Your Personality With Your Image ) - First Impressions ( The Art of Shampooing ) - A Good Hairdresser is Hard to Find ( Putting Yourself in the Client Chair ) - Social Media ( Building Your Business Online ) - Making Mistakes ( How to Avoid Them, and What to Do When You Make One ) - Balancing Work and Family ( Creating Your Ideal Work Schedule ) - The Evolution of Your Career ( Employment Options in the Salon Industry ) - Exit Strategy ( Moving From One Salon to the Next ) - Burut ( Warning Signs and How to Deal With It ) - Switching Gears ( Becoming a Hairstylist As a Second Career ) - Why Hair? ( Because You're Awesome, That's Why ) Full of client testimonials, advice and tips from salon owners and successful veterans of the industry, The Business of Beauty is your go-to manual on how to create success and happiness while working in the salon. In an industry that survives on fulfilling the needs of others, The Business of Beauty teaches you how to take care of your clients and just as importantly - how to take care of yourself.
- Author BiographyCarrie Herzner has spent over twenty years working as a hairstylist in the salon industry. Having worked in nearly every facet of the business, she has a deep understanding of what it takes to be a successful, professional, and happy hairstylist. She is also a published creative writer, focusing on non-fiction, memoir and personal essay. The Business of Beauty unites her passion for the salon industry with her ability to put real life experiences into context to benefit others looking to thrive in this deeply rewarding and unique career.
- Author(s)Carrie Herzner
- PublisherGoat Tree Press
- Date of Publication31/10/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGoat Tree Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.