All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.77
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
About this product
- DescriptionThe fifth edition of this updated and expanded classic provides visual artists with an in-depth guide to developing and building a career as a professional artist. Veteran art writer Daniel Grant weaves the words and experiences of dozens of practicing artists throughout this informative volume to describe their real-life challenges and the solutions they found to overcome them. Grant covers everything from art gallery etiquette to the legal rights of artists, including chapters on: Making the transition from school to the working world Searching for funding through grants and fellowships Developing relationships with art dealers Handling criticism and rejection How to stay safe in the studio Finding a variety of ways to get paid in the new ecomy New to this edition are expanded sections that look at utilizing exhibition venues from sidewalk fairs to regional biennials to national parks, selling in other countries, talking with collectors about your art and yourself, avoiding the perils of defamation, transporting and travelling with art, using greener materials, and the experience of becoming an artist later in life and of artists' children. The Business of Being an Artist is an invaluable resource for art students, aspiring artists, and professional artists who want to learn all there is to kw about successfully navigating the world of art. Allworth Press, an imprint of Skyhorse Publishing, publishes a broad range of books on the visual and performing arts, with emphasis on the business of art. Our titles cover subjects such as graphic design, theater, branding, fine art, photography, interior design, writing, acting, film, how to start careers, business and legal forms, business practices, and more. While we don't aspire to publish a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are deeply committed to quality books that help creative professionals succeed and thrive. We often publish in areas overlooked by other publishers and welcome the author whose expertise can help our audience of readers.
- Author BiographyDaniel Grant is a contributing editor of American Artist magazine. He is the author of six books including The Artist's Guide: Making It in New York City, How to Grow as an Artist, and The Fine Artist's Career Guide (all published by Allworth Press). His articles and essays have appeared in such publications as ARTnews, Art in America, the New York Times, Washington Post, Wall Street Journal, New Criterion, Art & Auction, and Art & Antiques, among others. He has taught courses and lectured on career issues for visual artists at numerous colleges and public arts agencies in the United States. He lives in Amherst, Massachusetts.
- Author(s)Daniel Grant
- PublisherAllworth Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication23/04/2015
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAllworth Press,U.S.
- Weight399 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.