The Business of Criminal Justice: A Guide for Theory and Practice by Joo Young Lee, Chengqi Guo, Daniel Adrian Doss (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $119.27Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by books2anywhereuk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $67.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRegardless of the type, size, or mission of a criminal justice or law enforcement organization, optimum decision making can be achieved by examining activities and functions from the perspective of traditional business administration. Using profit and nonprofit business models, The Business of Criminal Justice: A Guide for Theory and Practice integrates the two philosophies of traditional management and finance and service-oriented benefit and demonstrates how success in these organizations is dependent on using the proper business model. Topics discussed in this forward-thinking volume include: The basic characteristics of qualitative and quantitative human decisions that affect law enforcement organizations Management theory and the concepts of controlling, coordinating, leading, organizing, and planning Strategic management and long-term decisions that affect law enforcement and justice-related entities for five or more years Quality management and operations management of law enforcement entities The influences of economics on the administration of law enforcement entities Various aspects of mathematical modeling that influence human decision making to fulfill a stated objective Models that support the expending of funds to benefit the organization and its stakeholders while rendering public service Building relationships between the law enforcement entity and society through marketing, branding, and advertising Demonstrating how the concepts of business administration influence law enforcement and government organizations, this volume is a critical decision-making tool for law enforcement and criminal justice entities ranging from small-town sheriff's offices to large federal enterprises.
- Author BiographyDaniel Adrian Doss, PhD, is an assistant professor with the University of West Alabama. He comes from a background of software engineering and analytical positions in both the defense and commercial industries. Chengqi Guo, PhD, is an assistant professor of computer information systems at James Madison University, Harrisonburg, Virginia. He has years of industrial experience in the areas of business consulting and IS analysis at a large state-owned company in China and Fortune 500 firms in the United States. Joo Young Lee, PhD, is an associate professor of finance and economics at the University of West Alabama. He has extensive experience as an educator, researcher, and financial manager.
- Author(s)Chengqi Guo,Daniel Adrian Doss,Joo Young Lee
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication21/12/2011
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note25 black & white illustrations, 7 black & white tables
- Weight385 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.02
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.85
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.