All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.64
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by a leading design consultant and carefully updated with the latest information on the industry, this is the essential guide to earning a living, marketing skills, furthering a design career, and operating a business. With more than thirty years of backstage and behind-the-scenes experience in theater, film, television, concerts, and special events, James L. Moody shares his success secrets for the benefit of design students and working designers. Topics include: targeted marketing to the technical theater artists; targeted promotion to theater media, schools, and associations; co-op available; finding and landing dream assignments; negotiating fees; setting up ideal working spaces; building the perfect staff; choosing the right insurance; overcoming fears of accounting and record-keeping; joining the right unions and professional organizations; and much more. Providing the keys for passionate, talented designers to become successful businesspeople, The Business of Theatrical Design is a must-read for vices and established professionals alike.
- Author BiographyJames L. Moody, considered one of the founders of lighting design, is the head of the Technical Theatre program and technical director and lighting designer for the Theatre Academy at Los Angeles City College. He has received numerous theatrical design awards including the Drama Logue Award, a Los Angeles Theatre Critics Award, and the Distinguished Achievement Award in Lighting Design from the United States Institute for Theatre Technology. Moody's other distinctions include two Emmy Award nominations for his television work. In addition to The Business of Theatrical Design, he is the author of Concert Lighting: Techniques, Art, and Business, now in its third edition. He lives in Los Angeles, California.
- Author(s)James L. Moody
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication18/07/2013
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAllworth Press,U.S.
- Weight368 g
- Width20 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine153 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.