All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor one man, the past will never stay buried. Ian Quinn has spent his life protecting children from the monsters that live among us. As a Child Protection Officer, Ian places their lives above his own, and has qualms about getting his hands dirty when it comes to protecting those who can't protect themselves. Years ago, Ian was unable to protect his own daughter when she was killed, and has channeled the anger and sadness into his vocation. Ian has tried to bury his past. But the past is far from done with him. Ian's own father left years ago, leaving Ian and his sister alone. But out of the blue Ian is called by an attorney, claiming his father has recently died and named Ian in his will. Ian had assumed his father was long dead, and confused as to what he could possibly be needed for. When Ian goes to the lawyer's office, he is given three items: The first is a key. The second is a deed to his grandfather's old butcher shop. The Third is a letter from his from his father that reads simply and cryptically: Sorry for everything, son, but it's your burden w.
- Author BiographyGrant McKenzie is the internationally published author of five edge-of-your-seat thrillers, plus an ongoing mystery series set in San Francisco. His riveting thrillers Speak the Dead, The Fear in Her Eyes, Switch, and K.A.R.M.A. are available from Polis Books. Under the pen name M. C. Grant he writes the Dixie Flynn series that began with Angel With a Bullet, continued with Devil With a Gun, and returns with Baby With a Bomb. His short story Underbelly appeared in the First Thrills anthology edited by Lee Child from Tor/Forge. As a journalist, Grant has worked in virtually every area of the newspaper business, from the late-night Dead Body Beat at a feisty daily tabloid to senior copy/design editor at two of Canada's largest broadsheets and editor in chief of Monday magazine. He lives in Victoria, British Columbia.
- Author(s)Grant McKenzie
- PublisherPolis Books
- Date of Publication13/09/2016
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPolis Books
- Weight514 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $71.78
- AU $89.64Trending at AU $91.04
- AU $41.00Trending at AU $52.74
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $14.87
- AU $12.29Trending at AU $17.38
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.74
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.