Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $26.06Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $37.10Trending at AU $43.40
- AU $29.30Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.85Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.39
- AU $19.05Trending at AU $23.14
About this product
- DescriptionFor Downton Abbey fans, this is the revered butler's guide to running your home gracefully. Stanley Ager served fifty-three years as a butler in some of the most magnificent houses in Britain. Closest to his heart was St. Michael's Mount in Cornwall, where he worked for the second and third Lords Levan for three decades. This book - written with Fiona St. Aubyn, granddaughter of the third Lord Levan - is his masterwork and guidebook on how to maintain the home elegantly and efficiently. From caring for clothing to managing the table, all of the basics of home management are covered here in delicious detail. Recently called a bible for traditional butlers by The New York Times, it could be the source material for the beloved Downton Abbey characters Carson and Bates.
- Author BiographySTANLEY AGER spent nearly thirty of his fifty-three years as a butler and valet at St. Michael's Mount under the Lords Levan. His teachings have been deemed vital by butlers from Buckingham Palace among many others. FIONA ST. AUBYN is an author and the granddaughter of the late Lord and Dowager Lady St. Levan.
- Author(s)Fiona St.Aubyn,Stanley Ager
- PublisherBiteback Publishing
- Date of Publication27/12/2012
- SubjectHouse & Home
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRobson Press
- Out-of-print date08/07/2016
- Width178 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine21 mm
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.