All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionImagine a situation where a judge hands out a lenient sentence because he is suddenly filled with love for his fellow man. Think of a world where Trades Union leaders fully support their bosses' high salaries and where policemen hug and kiss drivers stopped for speeding. The secret of this strange behaviour is thing less than buttercup pollen. It appears to contain the formula to make people love their fellow man. However, the attraction of this modern Utopia begins to fade as the country yearns for an end to the boredom of infinite love. Eventually the government is forced to step in and matters gradually return to rmal.
- Author BiographyHenry Cecil, known to many as His Honour Judge H.C. Leon, MC, was a High Court judge as well as a famous author. He wrote during the three-week-long family holidays which were usually spent in comfortable hotels in Britain. He would sit in a deck chair in a sunny garden, exercise book on lap and pen in hand, writing from 10 am to 1pm, then again from 2.30 to 4 pm each day. His writing career is attributed to his Second World War experiences. Sailing around the Cape on a 'dry' troop ship on the way to Cairo, the colonel asked his adjutant (Cecil) to tell stories to keep the officers' minds off alcohol. The stories were so popular that they became a regular feature, and formed the basis of his first collection, 'Full Circle', published in 1948. Thereafter, the legal year, his impressions at court, or at other official functions, as well as dinners at the Savoy Grill or at his club, the Garrick, all provided material for his considerable brain power. Many of his stories were made into films or plays - notably 'Brothers-in-Law' and 'Alibi for a Judge'. These and other books have also provided a stimulus for those wishing to take up law as a career. They are a delight for those who look for authenticity in the most aptly described British characters. Cecil died in May 1976, still at the height of his mental powers.
- Author(s)Henry Cecil
- PublisherHouse of Stratus
- Date of Publication16/10/2000
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationKelly Bray
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published1971
- ImprintHouse of Stratus
- Weight215 g
- Width135 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $56.24Trending at AU $57.63
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $86.12
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.28
- AU $61.13Trending at AU $61.77
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.20
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.