All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- DescriptionThis hardcover journal is based on Titian Ramsay Peale s The Butterflies of North America, an unpublished nineteenth-century manuscript equivalent in scope to Audubon s Birds of America. Inspired by the collage-like quality of Peale s original tes and drawings, the journal features an exposed binding, a foil-stamped cover, a removable half-jacket, and artwork scattered throughout the blank and lined pages. Peale s manuscript is w housed in Rare Book Collection of the American Museum of Natural History s Library. Also see: The Butterflies of North America: Titian Peale s Lost Manuscript (978-1-4197-1784-0) and The Butterflies of Titian Ramsay Peale Notecards (978-1-4197-1806-9).
- Author BiographyArtist and naturalist Titian Ramsay Peale (1799 1885) was the sixteenth child of the important American artist Charles Willson Peale. The Peale family of artists played a significant role in the development of the arts in America. Founded in 1869, The American Museum of Natural History is one of the world's preeminent scientific and cultural institutions. Its collections and exhibitions attract about five million visitors annually.
- Author(s)American Museum of Natural History
- Date of Publication15/09/2015
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2015
- ImprintHarry N. Abrams, Inc.
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.