Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.69
- AU $89.19Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.73
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.25
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.20
About this product
- DescriptionThese fiction stories are about families and how history shaped their ethnicities, lives, and culture. The characters are my actual ancestors who spread out throughout Mexico, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and other parts of the USA. Covering a span of 425 years, family histories come alive along with the historical events of their time. The ethnic groups in these stories are: Native Americans, Spanish, African, French, and Mexican mestisos who lived in Northern Mexico and the Southwestern United States. The cactus on the forehead' is mostly used as a condescending identity. I chose to use this phrase as valued identity. The stories start in 1563 with the arrival of the explorer Francisco Ibarra, the beginning of the cattle industry in Chihuahua, and the cultural traditions brought on by this industry. It ends in 1988 with a trip to a Genealogy Museum with a brief window as to how these characters helped shaped history. All families have stories to tell. Patterns of values and traditions exist in all families. I hope that these stories inspire you to write your own stories and discover the wealth of information available about your ancestors. Alicia Davila De Laurie
- Author BiographyAbout the Author Alicia Davila De Laurie was born and raised in West Texas. She obtained a B.A. degree at Sul Ross State University in Alpine, Texas and taught in New Mexico for two years. She later moved to California and obtained a Master's in Library Science from Immaculate Heart College in Los Angeles. She retired after a busy life as library media teacher. An interest in compiling her family's history led to a chronicle of historical events that needed to be told. In their spare time, Alicia and her husband Jerry enjoy time with their families and like to travel to historical and national sites throughout the U.S.
- Author(s)Alicia Davila De Laurie
- Date of Publication23/12/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight154 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.