All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
About this product
- DescriptionFor Nobel laureate Naguib Mahfouz (1911-2006), Cairo was always a place of special resonance. As the place in which he was born and lived his whole life, it is a city he loved passionately and visited and revisited in his writing. It is the setting for nearly all his vels and short stories, t merely as a backdrop but as an integral part of his fiction, playing its own role in the dramas.In this special new and expanded edition of the bestselling book first published in 1999, photographer Britta Le Va guides us through his pages, and treads his streets and alleys, to produce a collection of outstanding visual images of the historic city, while velist Gamal al-Ghitani describes a walking tour with the great man around the streets of Gamaliya, that historic heart of the old city where both of them-more than thirty years apart-were born and grew up.
- Author BiographyBritta Le Va is a photographer based in New York. Gamal al-Ghitani, a lifelong friend of Mahfouz, is the author of a number of novels, including Zayni Barakat, Pyramid Texts, and The Zafarani Files, (AUC Press, 2004, 2007, and 2009).
- PublisherThe American University in Cairo Press
- Date of Publication15/07/2012
- Place of PublicationCairo
- Country of PublicationEgypt
- ImprintThe American University in Cairo Press
- Weight635 g
- Width216 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Foreword byNaguib Mahfouz
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.