All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $39.56Trending at AU $42.72
About this product
- DescriptionText in English and German. Perhaps the fascination of American landscapes, particularly the deserts is their featurelessness. In Germany, Brandenburg for example, the much plainer landscape lives on in its history. This where the Great Elector won his victory and Napoleon lost a battle. Actual nature unaffected by human beings is hidden under the woodland and heath. The American desert landscape is dominated by grandiose nature with out human intervention. Here the history of the earth is to the fore exercising a particular fascination and anyone who reads it enjoys a double gift. The author travelled around the country photographing the mountains and valleys, the coastline and nature reserves. He also encountered people and writes about American friendliness.
- Author BiographyUntil his retirement Hillert Ibbeken was a professor of geology at the Freie Universitat Berlin, but his lifelong occupation has been architectural photography.
- Author(s)Hillert Ibbeken
- PublisherEdition Axel Menges
- Date of Publication01/11/2006
- LanguageEnglish & German
- SubjectNatural History: General
- Place of PublicationFellbach
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintEdition Axel Menges
- Content Note106 b/w photos
- Weight1221 g
- Width292 mm
- Height306 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.