All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $22.33Trending at AU $23.48
- AU $28.19Trending at AU $28.50
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $22.57
- AU $45.43Trending at AU $49.49
- AU $45.84Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $18.02Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $35.89Trending at AU $37.02
About this product
- DescriptionWhat do the Merlin Game, the Penny Skim, the Doolally Snadoodle, and the Afterparty Snuke have in common? They're all the work of world-class con artist and master bafflegabber Radar Hoverlander. Radar's been on the snuke since childhood, but he's still looking for his California Roll, the one big scam that'll set him up in sushi for life.Trouble arrives in the stunning, sassy package of Allie Quinn--either the last true incent or a con artist so slick she makes Radar look like a Quaker. Radar's hapless sidekick, Vic Mirplo, a lovable loser who couldn't con a kid out of a candy cane, thinks Radar is being played. But if love is blind, it's also deaf, dumb, and stupid, and before Radar kws it, he's sucked into a vortex of double-, triple-, and quadruple-crosses that'll either net him his precious California Roll or put him in a hole in the ground. As timeless as a perpetual motion machine, as timely as a Madoff arraignment, The California Roll brings you deep inside the world of con artistry, where every fact is fiction and the second liar never has a chance.
- Author BiographyJohn Vorhaus is best known as the author of The Comic Toolbox: How to Be Funny Even if You're Not. An international consultant in television and film script development, John has worked for television networks, film schools, and production companies in thirty countries on four continents. His own screenwriting credits include Married... with Children, Head of the Class, The Sentinel, and The Flash. He is also the author of the six-volume Killer Poker series, plus miscellaneous other books on the subject, including the novel Under the Gun. William Dufris began his audio career doing radio plays, audiobooks, film/animation dubbing, and language tapes in London, where he lived for thirteen years. While there, he had the honor of sharing the microphone in a number of BBC Radio plays with Kathleen Turner, Sharon Gless, Stockard Channing, and Helena Bonham-Carter. These experiences led him to cofound two audio production companies: The Story Circle Ltd. and Mind's Eye Productions. He has also acted on stage and television in the United States, the United Kingdom, and Germany. William is the original voice of Bob (and Farmer Pickles/Mr. Beasley/Mr. Sabatini) in the popular children's show Bob the Builder for the United States and Canada (Series 1-9). He produces, directs, acts and engineers for his audio theatre company, Rocky Coast Radio Theatre. He has been nominated nine times as a finalist for the APA's prestigious Audie Award and has garnered twenty-one Earphones Awards from AudioFile magazine, which also named him one of the Best Voices at the End of the Century, as well as one of the Best Voices of the Year in 2008 and 2009.
- Author(s)John Vorhaus
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication29/03/2010
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Out-of-print date04/02/2017
- Weight162 g
- Width172 mm
- Height165 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Narrator(s)William Dufris
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time510
- Edition StatementLibrary ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.