All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionIt has been over a decade since the first edition of The Cambridge Companion to Augustine was published. In that time, reflection on Augustine's life and labors has continued to bear much fruit: significant new studies into major aspects of his thinking have appeared, as well as studies of his life and times and new translations of his work. This new edition of the Companion, which replaces the earlier volume, has eleven new chapters, revised versions of others, and a comprehensive updated bibliography. It will furnish students and scholars of Augustine with a rich resource on a philosopher whose work continues to inspire discussion and debate.
- Author BiographyDavid Vincent Meconi, S.J., is Assistant Professor in the Department of Theological Studies at Saint Louis University. His most recent books include The Confessions: Saint Augustine of Hippo (2012) and The One Christ: St Augustine's Theology of Deification (2013). Eleonore Stump is the Robert J. Henle Professor of Philosophy at Saint Louis University, where she has taught since 1992. Her books include her major study Aquinas (2003) and her extensive treatment of the problem of evil, Wandering in Darkness: Narrative and the Problem of Suffering (2010).
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication05/06/2014
- Series TitleCambridge Companions to Philosophy
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight710 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byEleonore Stump,Fr David Vincent Meconi
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.