All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.95
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $38.17
About this product
- DescriptionA leading figure in the Evangelical Revival in eighteenth-century England, John Wesley (1703-91) is the founding father of Methodism and, by extension, of the Holiness and Pentecostal movements. This Cambridge Companion offers a general, comprehensive introduction to Wesley's life and work, and to his theological and ecclesiastical legacy. Written from various disciplinary perspectives, including history, literature, theology, and religious studies, this volume will be an invaluable aid to scholars and students, including those encountering the work and thought of Wesley for the first time.
- Author BiographyRandy L. Maddox is Professor of Theology and Wesleyan Studies at the Divinity School, Duke University. A leading scholar of the theology of John and Charles Wesley and of theological developments in the later Methodist or Wesleyan tradition, he is the author of Responsible Grace: John Wesley's Practical Theology and editor of Aldersgate Reconsidered and Rethinking Wesley's Theology for Contemporary Methodism. Jason E. Vickers is Associate Professor of Theology and Wesleyan Studies and Director of the Center for Evangelical United Brethren Heritage at United Theological Seminary, Dayton, Ohio. He is the author or editor of numerous books, including Wesley: A Guide for the Perplexed, Invocation and Assent: The Making and Remaking of Trinitarian Theology, and Immersed in the Life of God: The Healing Resources of the Christian Faith.
- PrizesWinner of Timothy L. Smith and Mildred Bangs Wynkoop Award 2010.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication13/11/2009
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Series TitleCambridge Companions to Religion
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note3 b/w illus.
- Weight540 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byJason E. Vickers,Randy L. Maddox
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.