All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionBritish culture today is the product of a shifting combination of tradition and experimentation, national identity and regional and ethnic diversity. These distinctive tensions are expressed in a range of cultural arenas, such as art, sport, journalism, fashion, education, and race. This Companion addresses these and other major aspects of British culture, and offers a sophisticated understanding of what it means to study and think about the diverse cultural landscapes of contemporary Britain. Each contributor looks at the language through which culture is formed and expressed, the political and institutional trends that shape culture, and at the role of culture in daily life. This interesting and informative account of modern British culture embraces controversy and debate, and never loses sight of the fact that Britain and Britishness must always be understood in relation to the increasingly international context of globalisation.
- Author BiographyMichael Higgins is Lecturer in English and Journalism at the University of Strathclyde. Clarissa Smith is Senior Lecturer in Media and Cultural Studies in the School of Art, Design and Media, University of Sunderland. John Storey is Professor of Cultural Studies and Director of the Centre for Research in Media and Cultural Studies, University of Sunderland.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication19/08/2010
- SubjectCultural Studies
- Series TitleCambridge Companions to Culture
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Weight540 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byClarissa Smith,John Storey,Michael Higgins
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.