All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNobel laureate Toni Morrison is one of the most widely studied of contemporary American authors. Her vels, particularly Beloved, have had a dramatic impact on the American can and attracted considerable critical commentary. This 2007 Companion introduces and examines her oeuvre as a whole, the first evaluation to include t only her famous vels, but also her other literary works (short story, drama, musical, and opera), her social and literary criticism, and her career as an editor and teacher. Invative contributions from internationally recognized critics and academics discuss Morrison's themes, narrative techniques, language and political philosophy, and explain the importance of her work to American studies and world literature. This comprehensive and accessible approach, together with a chrology and guide to further reading, makes this an essential book for students and scholars of African American literature.
- Author BiographyJustine Tally is Professor of American Literature at the University of La Laguna, Tenerife, Spain.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication13/09/2007
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleCambridge Companions to Literature
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight330 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byJustine Tally
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $59.39Trending at AU $61.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.