All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionThe Cambridge Companion to Travel Writing brings together specialists from anthropology, history, literary and cultural studies to offer a broad and vibrant introduction to travel writing in English between 1500 and the present. This comprehensive introduction to the subject features specially commissioned contributions, including six essays surveying the period's travel writing; a further six focusing on geographical areas of particular interest - Arabia, the Amazon, Tahiti, Ireland, Calcutta, the Congo and California; and three final chapters analysing some of the theoretical and cultural dimensions to this enigmatic and influential genre of writing. Several invaluable tools are also provided, including an extensive list of further reading, and a detailed five-hundred year chrology listing important events and publications. This volume will be of interest to teachers and students alike.
- Author BiographyPeter Hulme is Professor in Literature, University of Essex. He is the author of Colonial Encounters: Europe and the Native Caribbean, 1492-1797 (1986) and Remnants of Conquests: The Island Caribs and their Visitors, 1877-1998 (2000). Tim Youngs is Reader in English and American Studies at Nottingham Trent University. He is the author of Travelers in Africa: British Travelogues 1850-1900 (1994), and the editor of Writing and Race (1997).
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication21/11/2002
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleCambridge Companions to Literature
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note14 b/w illus.
- Weight480 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byPeter Hulme,Tim Youngs
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.