All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.74Trending at AU $16.20
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $37.95
- AU $14.06Trending at AU $23.24
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
About this product
- DescriptionThe Cambridge Companion to the Spanish Novel presents the development of the modern Spanish vel from 1600 to the present. Drawing on the combined legacies of Don Quijote and the traditions of the picaresque vel, these essays focus on the question of invention and experiment, on what constitutes the singular features of evolving fictional forms. It examines how the vel articulates the relationships between history and fiction, high and popular culture, art and ideology, and gender and society. Contributors highlight the role played by historical events and cultural contexts in the elaboration of the Spanish vel, which often takes a self-conscious stance toward literary tradition. Topics covered include the regional vel, women writers, and film and literature. This companionable survey, which includes a chrology and guide to further reading, conveys a vivid sense of the invative techniques of the Spanish vel and of the debates surrounding it.
- Author BiographyHarriet Turner is Professor of Hispanic Studies and director of International Affairs and Global Programs at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. She has written widely on Spanish and Latin American literature. Adelaida Lopez de Martinez is Professor of Spanish and Women's Studies at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. She has written widely on contemporary Spanish and Latin American literature.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication11/09/2003
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleCambridge Companions to Literature
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight680 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byAdelaida Lopez de Martinez,Harriet S. Turner
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.