Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.45
About this product
- DescriptionThe Cambridge Guide to Australian English Usage is an up-to-date, evidence-based account of the variable points in Australian usage and style, in alphabetical format. Its description of Australian English uses a wealth of primary sources (linguistic corpora; the internet; public surveys of usage, conducted through Australian Style) as well as the latest editions of English dictionaries, style manuals and grammars. With all this input the Cambridge Guide to Australian English Usage provides in-depth coverage of the currency of alternative usages in spelling, punctuation and word choice in Australia, while showing the influence of British and American English here as well. This book is designed for everyone who writes and edits documents and n-fiction texts, for print or electronic delivery. Tertiary students and staff will get plenty of help from it, as well as professional editors who work with manuscripts of many different authors and commissions from multiple publishers.
- Author BiographyPam Peters is a Professor of Linguistics at Macquarie University.
- Author(s)Pam Peters
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication26/04/2007
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Weight1501 g
- Width166 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine56 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.