All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.83
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $46.99
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.40
About this product
- DescriptionCognitive science is a cross-disciplinary enterprise devoted to understanding the nature of the mind. In recent years, investigators in philosophy, psychology, the neurosciences, artificial intelligence, and a host of other disciplines have come to appreciate how much they can learn from one ather about the various dimensions of cognition. The result has been the emergence of one of the most exciting and fruitful areas of inter-disciplinary research in the history of science. This volume of original essays surveys foundational, theoretical, and philosophical issues across the discipline, and introduces the foundations of cognitive science, the principal areas of research, and the major research programs. With a focus on broad philosophical themes rather than detailed technical issues, the volume will be valuable t only to cognitive scientists and philosophers of cognitive science, but also to those in other disciplines looking for an authoritative and up-to-date introduction to the field.
- Author BiographyKeith Frankish is Visiting Senior Research Fellow at The Open University, UK and Adjunct Professor with the Brain and Mind Program in Neurosciences at the University of Crete. He is the author of Mind and Supermind (Cambridge, 2004) and Consciousness (2005). He is co-editor of In Two Minds: Dual Processes and Beyond (with Jonathan St B. T. Evans, 2009) and New Waves in Philosophy of Action (with Jesus H. Aguilar and Andrei A. Buckareff, 2010). William M. Ramsey is Associate Professor of Philosophy at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. He is the author of Representation Reconsidered (Cambridge University Press, 2007) and co-editor of Philosophy and Connectionist Theory (with David Rumelhart and Stephen Stich, 1991) and Rethinking Intuition (with Michael DePaul, 1998).
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication19/07/2012
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note20 b/w illus. 4 tables
- Weight560 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byKeith Frankish,William Ramsey
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.