All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $168.19
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
About this product
- DescriptionThe Cambridge Handbook of English Corpus Linguistics (CHECL) surveys the breadth of corpus-based linguistic research on English, including chapters on collocations, phraseology, grammatical variation, historical change, and the description of registers and dialects. The most invative aspects of the CHECL are its emphasis on critical discussion, its explicit evaluation of the state of the art in each sub-discipline, and the inclusion of empirical case studies. While each chapter includes a broad survey of previous research, the primary focus is on a detailed description of the most important corpus-based studies in this area, with discussion of what those studies found, and why they are important. Each chapter also includes a critical discussion of the corpus-based methods employed for research in this area, as well as an explicit summary of new findings and discoveries.
- Author BiographyDouglas Biber is Regents' Professor of Applied Linguistics in the English Department at Northern Arizona University. Randi Reppen is Professor of Applied Linguistics in the English Department at Northern Arizona University.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication25/06/2015
- Series TitleCambridge Handbooks in Language and Linguistics
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note66 b/w illus. 4 maps 66 tables
- Weight1210 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Edited byDouglas Biber,Randi Reppen
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.