All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.82
About this product
- DescriptionThe interdisciplinary field of the learning sciences encompasses educational psychology, cognitive science, computer science, and anthropology, among other disciplines. The Cambridge Handbook of the Learning Sciences is the definitive introduction to this invative approach to teaching, learning, and educational techlogy. This dramatically revised second edition incorporates the latest research in the field, includes twenty new chapters on emerging areas of interest, and features contributors who reflect the increasingly international nature of the learning sciences. The authors address the best ways to design educational software, prepare effective teachers, organize classrooms, and use the internet to enhance student learning. They illustrate the importance of creating productive learning environments both inside and outside school, including after-school clubs, libraries, museums, and online learning environments. Accessible and engaging, the Handbook has proven to be an essential resource for graduate students, researchers, teachers, administrators, consultants, educational techlogy designers, and policy makers on a global scale.
- Author BiographyR. Keith Sawyer is Morgan Distinguished Professor in Educational Innovations at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Education. He studies creativity, innovation, and learning, with a focus on collaborating groups and teams. He is the author or editor of thirteen books, including Group Genius: The Creative Power of Collaboration (2007), Explaining Creativity: The Science of Human Innovation (2012) and Zig Zag: The Surprising Path to Greater Creativity (2013).
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication17/11/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleCambridge Handbooks in Psychology
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note51 b/w illus. 1 map 15 tables
- Weight1290 g
- Width177 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Edited byR. Keith Sawyer
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.