All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.35Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.39
- AU $28.60Trending at AU $31.74
- AU $70.35Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $74.12Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $35.47Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.59
About this product
- DescriptionFrom Aboriginal writing to Margaret Atwood, this is a complete English-language history of Canadian writing in English and French from its beginnings. The multi-authored volume pays special attention to works from the 1960s and after, to multicultural and indigeus writing, popular literature, and the interaction of anglophone and francophone cultures throughout Canadian history. Established genres such as fiction, drama and poetry are discussed alongside forms of writing which have traditionally received less attention, such as the essay, nature-writing, life-writing, journalism, and comics, and also writing in which the conventional separation between genres has broken down, such as the poetic vel. Written by an international team of distinguished scholars, the volume includes a separate, substantial section discussing major genres in French, as well as a detailed chrology of historical and literary/cultural events, and an extensive bibliography covering criticism in English and French.
- Author BiographyCoral Ann Howells is Senior Research Fellow at the Institute of English Studies at the University of London. She is Professor Emerita at the University of Reading, and a Fellow of the Royal Society of Canada. Eva-Marie Kroller is Professor in the Department of English at the University of British Columbia, Vancouver. She is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Canada, and served as editor-in-chief of Canadian Literature from 1995 to 2003.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication05/11/2009
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note17 b/w illus. 2 maps
- Weight1400 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine40 mm
- Edited byCoral Ann Howells,Eva-Marie Kroller
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.