Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionThis authoritative volume presents the history of Christianity from the eve of the Protestant Reformation to the height of Catholic Reform. In addition to in-depth coverage of the politics and theology of various reform movements in the sixteenth century, this book discusses at length the impact of the permanent schism on Latin Christendom, the Catholic responses to it, and the influence on the development of the Orthodox churches. This comprehensive and comparative overview covers the history of society, politics, theology, liturgy, religious orders, and art in the lands of Latin Christianity. In thirty chapters written by an international team of contributors the volume expands the boundaries of inquiry to the relationship between Christianity and n-Christian religions - Judaism, Hinduism, and Buddhism - both in Europe and in the n-European world.
- Author BiographyR. Po-chia Hsia is Edwin Earle Sparks Professor of History and Religious Studies at Pennsylvania State University. His many publications include The World of Catholic Renewal 1540-1770, 1st edition (1998), 2nd edition (2005).
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication31/07/2014
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Series TitleCambridge History of Christianity
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1110 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Edited byR. Po-chia Hsia
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.