All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionThis History offers an unparalleled examination of all aspects of Jewish American literature. Jewish writing has played a central role in the formation of the national literature of the United States, from the Hebraic sources of the Puritan imagination to narratives of immigration and acculturation. This body of writing has also enriched global Jewish literature in its engagement with Jewish history and Jewish multilingual culture. Written by a host of leading scholars, The Cambridge History of Jewish American Literature offers an array of approaches that contribute to current debates about ethnic writing, mirity discourse, transnational literature, gender studies, and multilingualism. This History takes a fresh look at celebrated authors, introduces new voices, locates Jewish American literature on the map of American ethnicity as well as the spaces of exile and diaspora, and stretches the boundaries of American literature beyond the Americas and the West.
- Author BiographyHana Wirth-Nesher is the Samuel L. and Perry Haber Chair of the Study of the Jewish Experience in the United States and Professor of English and American Studies at Tel Aviv University. She is the author of Call It English: The Languages of Jewish American Literature and City Codes: Reading the Modern Urban Novel (Cambridge University Press, 1996). She is also the editor of New Essays on Call It Sleep (Cambridge University Press, 1996), and, with Michael Kramer, The Cambridge Companion to Jewish American Literature (Cambridge University Press, 2003).
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication13/11/2015
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note5 b/w illus.
- Weight1140 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Edited byHana Wirth-Nesher
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.