All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionThis major work of academic reference provides a comprehensive overview of the development of political thought from the late nineteenth to the end of the twentieth century. Written by a distinguished team of international contributors, this Cambridge History, first published in 2003, covers the rise of the welfare state and subsequent reactions to it, the fascist and communist critiques of and attempted alternatives to liberal democracy, the vel forms of political organisation occasioned by the rise of a mass electorate and new social movements, the various intellectual traditions from positivism to post-modernism that have shaped the study of politics, the interaction between western and n-western traditions of political thought, and the challenge posed to the state by globalisation. Every major theme in twentieth-century political thought is covered in a series of chapters at once scholarly and accessible, of interest and relevance to students and scholars of politics at all levels from beginning undergraduate upwards.
- Author BiographyTerence Ball is Professor of Political Science at Arizona State University. He taught for many years at the University of Minnesota, and has held visiting professorships at the Universities of Oxford and California, San Diego. Professor Ball has edited the political writings of James Mill and The Federalist for the Cambridge Texts series, co-edited (with Joyce Appleby) Thomas Jefferson for the same series, and his own books include Transforming Political Discourse, Reappraising Political Theory and Rousseau's Ghost: A Novel, in addition to numerous co-edited works. Richard Bellamy is Professor of Political Science at University College London.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication14/08/2003
- Series TitleThe Cambridge History of Political Thought
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1290 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine46 mm
- Edited byProfessor Richard Bellamy,Terence Ball
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.