All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.35Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $74.11Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $35.47Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
- AU $17.65Trending at AU $21.74
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.98
About this product
- DescriptionThe Cambridge Phemen: 50 Years of Invation and Enterprise covers the remarkable history of the Phemen since 1960, from the challenges of starting businesses in a hostile environment to the boom years in the late 1980s and 1990s, the dotcom bust in 2000 and the new reality of starting and growing businesses when money is tight. It also explores the different factors behind Cambridge's success, investigating the ways investors, government policies, networks, consultancies and even pubs have contributed to growing what has been described as the single most important region in the UK in terms of GDP generated from invation and techlogy. Above all, though, the book is about the people and how they have invated, responded, sometimes in the face of adversity, to techlogical, business and external challenges, learned, grown, and then been willing to put something back. The Cambridge Phemen has succeeded because the people involved have made it greater than the sum of its parts.
- Author BiographyCharles Cotton has been at the forefront of successive waves of technology innovation - computing, broadband communications, information services, digital mapping and location based services. Charles is an experienced director of public companies listed on Nasdaq, Euronext Amsterdam, the LSE and Frankfurt Exchange; an investor in and adviser to venture capital firms; and a business angel. Kate Kirk has been a freelance editor and writer for more than 20 years. She has worked for international organisations, think tanks, specialist publishers and several leading European business schools. She grew up in Cambridge and has close family ties to the Phenomenon.
- Author(s)Charles Cotton,Kate Kirk
- PublisherThird Millennium Information
- Date of Publication01/05/2012
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThird Millennium Information
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1547 g
- Width240 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byCharles Cotton,Kate Kirk
- Edition StatementMain
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.