CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionUsing the latest methods in digital photography and image processing, The Cambridge Photographic Moon Atlas presents sixty-nine regions of the lunar landscape in large-format images with corresponding charts. Each two-page spread features a specific region in multiple lighting situations, allowing for direct comparisons of the same landscape at different lunar phases. Detailed descriptions of each region's location and topography accompany 388 high-resolution photographs, making the Moon's craters, mountains, valleys, rilles and other features easy to identify. Tracing the morphology of the Moon in unprecedented detail, this comprehensive and accessible visual atlas is an indispensable aid for amateur astromers, astrophotographers and casual observers.
- Author BiographyAlan Chu is an astrophotographer based in Hong Kong. Author of The Photographic Moon Book (2004) and Foundations of Astronomy (2010), he has also published several articles for the Hong Kong Astronomical Society, of which he is a founding member. Wolfgang Paech is the former director of the Public Observatory in Hannover, Germany. He has published several books for amateur astronomers, including Tips and Tricks for Amateur Astronomers and The Solar Handbook. Mario Weigand is a PhD candidate in nuclear physics at Goethe University in Frankfurt, Germany. He has eighteen years experience as an amateur astronomer and astrophotographer. Storm Dunlop is an experienced writer and lecturer on astronomy. He is author of Collins Night Sky (2011), a Fellow at the Royal Astronomical Society and is a past president of the British Astronomical Association.
- Author(s)Alan Chu,Mario Weigand,Wolfgang Paech
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication31/08/2012
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Out-of-print date23/03/2017
- Content Note388 colour illus. 10 tables
- Weight1500 g
- Width250 mm
- Height340 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Translated byStorm Dunlop
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.