All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUsing the latest methods in digital photography and image processing, The Cambridge Photographic Star Atlas presents the whole sky through large-scale photographic images with corresponding charts. Each double-page spread shows a section of the night sky and is accompanied by an inverted chart highlighting and naming double stars, variable stars, open clusters, galactic and planetary nebulae, globular clusters and galaxies. The 82 large-scale charts, with a scale of 1 per cm, identify over 1500 deep-sky objects and 2500 stars. Providing a giant mosaic of the entire sky, this unique atlas is unparalleled in detail and completeness, making it indispensable for visual observers and astrophotographers.
- Author BiographyAxel Mellinger is an Assistant Professor at Central Michigan University. He is an accomplished astrophotographer and his wide-field mosaics of the night sky are used in planetariums around the world. Ronald Stoyan is editor-in-chief of Interstellarum, one of Germany's main astronomy magazines. Founding director of the German deep sky organization Fachgruppe Deep-Sky, he has authored and co-authored six books on practical astronomy.
- Author(s)Axel Mellinger,Ronald Stoyan
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication20/09/2011
- SubjectAstronomy, Space & Time
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note164 colour illus.
- Weight1410 g
- Width250 mm
- Height340 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.24Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $73.79Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $40.75Trending at AU $42.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.