All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis classic star atlas is ideal for both beginning astromers and more experienced observers worldwide. The clear, full-color maps show stars, clusters and galaxies visible with biculars or a small telescope. The atlas also features constellation boundaries and the Milky Way, and lists objects that are interesting to observe. This new edition features a clearer map of the Moon's surface, showing craters and features; a second Moon map, mirror reversed for users of telescopes with star diagonals; enhanced index charts showing the constellations more clearly; and a new data table listing stars hosting planetary systems. It is w spiral bound, making it ideal for use at the telescope.
- Author BiographyWil Tirion is a full-time uranographer. He has always had an interest in astronomy, and especially star charts, and has contributed to many atlases, books and magazines in astronomy. In recognition for his work the minor planet, 4648 Tirion (1931 UE), is named after him.
- Author(s)Wil Tirion
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication27/01/2011
- FormatSpiral bound
- SubjectAstronomy, Space & Time
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note32 colour illus.
- Weight440 g
- Width228 mm
- Height303 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $27.80Trending at AU $30.75
- AU $21.76Trending at AU $26.80
- AU $29.31Trending at AU $31.85
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.91
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.68
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $26.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.